Thursday, August 12, 2010

Green Beginnings

There’s no need to define the green movement. It is everywhere around us- media, marketing, politics. But what a lot of people don’t understand about going green is how to do so without spending green. Life isn’t cheap in the first place, and with corporate involvement in politics, unhealthy has become affordable. Especially when you’re taking your first steps into the world as an adult. It’s not like you can afford a solar panel and most us barely know how to cook without using the microwave.

This is where I am at. I went through high school bugging my mother to make this and that adjustment to our lifestyles. (I wrote the green column for the school paper and I wasn’t going to tell readers to do things that I didn’t do.) And even though those changes were money-saving or costless, now I must strive to continue this green lifestyle now that I am on my own.

This isn’t a blog to just tell you how you can change your impact but an account of how serious the next generation is now that we are reaching an age where we can make a difference. Our parents’ generation asks if we are talkers or doers. This is my first step in becoming a doer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment